For drivers who just need "more power and more torque", HKS have designed a series of capacity upgrade kits to suit RB26 engines characteristics. Increased displacement to 2.8L offers more torque at lower engine speeds and by using the highest quality materials, the durability required for high levels of tuning is achieved. Nickel coated pistons which have strong anti-knocking properties combined with fully counterweighted crankshafts and high strength connecting rods (rods optional in some kits) combine to extract maximum performance from the turbocharger and increase torque.
- "STEP TWO" is recommended for GTIII-RS, GTIII-4R etc
- Piston: Forged piston with Nickel plating for anti-knocking properties and top piston ring stability. Piston Skirt is molybdenum coated for friction reduction, clearance optimized and smoother bedding in new.
- Connecting Rod: Used the forged material from high specification with H-beam design for maximum strength and durability. WPC shot peening also contributes for strengthening as well as preventing metal fatigue. -Stock rods can also be used.
- Crankshaft: Used the forged material from high specification and fully counterweighted for maximum balance at high rpm. Pin journals and center has been hollowed to lighten the rotating mass to improve the throttle response.
- Allowable RPM: Approx. 9000rpm
- Engine Output Target 788 Hp
- Forged piston 87mm
- Full counterweighted crankshaft
- H-beam CONROD
- Capacity (ml): 2771
- Type: 87.021mm
- Boring・Honing modification: Required
- Full flow modification: Not required
Questions & Answers
Have a Product Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this part.