A large number of connecting rod manufacturers have chosen ARP bolts as standard equipment. They’re proud to advertise their products as being equipped with ARP rod bolts. And for good reason. The “weak link” in a connecting rod has always been the bolt, and racers know that nobody builds a better bolt than ARP. However, it is critically important to monitor the stretch of each bolt and replace it when it has permanently elongated by .0005?. Below you will find an extensive listing of aftermarket connecting rods and replacement bolt specifications.
ARP2000 is an alloy steel that can be safely heat treated to a higher level, producing a greater strength material than 8740. While 8740 and ARP2000 share similar characteristics – ARP2000 is capable of achieving a clamp load at 220,000 psi. ARP2000 is used widely in short track and drag racing as an up-grade from 8740 chrome moly in both steel and aluminum rods. Stress corrosion and hydrogen embrittlement are typically not a problem, providing care is taken during installation.
- 1/2 hex
- Forged in-house at ARP using only the finest quality materials
- Heat-treated using special vertical racks to assure complete 360° penetration
- Threads rolled after heat-treat to provide up to 10-times longer fatigue strength
- Precision CNC-machined to exacting specifications
- Specially designed for optimum reliability
- Bolt/Stud Head: A Style
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.