The unique combination of design, metallurgy and engineering come together to deliver what drivers expect from high performance Trimetal engine bearings. Features include:
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearings and to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
- 3/4 grooved Main Bearings to optimize bearing load carrying surface area and oil flow to the conrod bearings.
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help you maintain consistent clearances.
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.
Description Main Bearings; Main Bearings; Tri-Metal; Upper & Lower; Flange in Position 4
Max Std Shaft Size: 0.0719" (1.827mm)
Max Overall Length: 1.063" (27.00mm) w/ 2428H/HX Flange 0.787" (20.00mm) w/ 2429H/HX
Max Std Tunnel Size: 2.3094" (58.658mm)
Min Std Tunnel Size: 2.3089" (58.645mm)
Max Wall at Crown: 2.1644" (54.975mm)
Min Std Shaft Size: 2.1634" (54.951mm)
Oil Clearance Standard
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.